Enter Your ZIP Code Below To Receive FREE Information From Top Healthcare Training Programs In Your Area.
Medical Assistant Courses in Jackson MS
If you are looking for information on how to become a Medical Assistant, then you have come to the right place. We have carefully reviewed and selected the top schools for Medical Assistant Training in Jackson MS. Our top choices are based upon best tuition and financial assistance, as well as the highest academic ratings. Feel free to click on any of the links on our site for more information on the programs. Medical assistants in Jackson MS do everything from managing the front office, to assisting physicians with clinical procedures. The amount of responsibility given to a medical assistant will alter according to their level of experience.
Recommended Healthcare Programs in Your Area
- Encompasses the Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England brands.
- Lincoln schools made more than $15 million available nationally through scholarships to qualified students in 2015.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media; offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- First Lincoln Tech campus opened in 1946; now 30 campuses in 15 states across the United States.
- Campuses are accredited by the ACICS, ACCSC, ABHES, and NEASC
- Medical Assistant Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Grad Schools for Physician Assistants in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Dedicated to delivering quality education and personalized attention to students since 1899
- Provides a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Offers counseling services and a 24/7 crisis hotline to students at no extra charge.
- Gives students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Health Sciences (BS)
- Allied Health Science (AS)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Offers training in various types of massage therapy, physical therapy/sports rehab, and personal fitness training & wellness.
- Teaches in an environment that promotes learning and encourages empathetic and compassionate therapists.
- Career service professionals work directly with students from the start of their program, and help them pursue employment in day spas, luxury hotels, cruise ships, and other locations.
- Students can work in the SOCHI Massage Clinic to gain experience and build their career skills.
- Financial aid representatives help students develop a personalized financial plan to finance their tuition.
- Physical Therapy Aide/Sports Rehab Program
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Program
- AS - Medical Assisting and Administration
- Medical Billing Specialist
Baker College is the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. Our mission is to prepare you for meaningful employment.
- Health Sciences
About the College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW's academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College's technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- AAS-Medical Assistant Management
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Assisting
- Emergency Medical Services
- Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
So, what are medical assistants (also known as, Certified Medical Assistants, or CMA’s, for short) typically required to do in Jackson MS? And can you get a job in this field even if you don’t have any prior experience? Let’s find out!
Job Description of a Medical Assistant
Typically, a CMA will work in a medical office, but some work in clinics or hospitals. They often find employment with a family practice physician or internist in Jackson MS.
A medical assistant helps the doctors and nurses with a variety of tasks. They can work in both a clinical and administrative capacity. Administrative duties possibly could include scheduling appointments, signing patients in and handling basic billing issues. Clinical job duties might entail preparing the exam room and working directly with patients.
Special Training for Medical Assistants
As a CMA you can work in any medical office in Jackson MS. However if you desire to take your skills to the next degree you may want to acquire some additional qualifications and take Medical Assistants Classes in Jackson MS. These special procedures could include drawing blood, taking minor x-rays and monitoring EKGs.
Typically, these procedures necessitate supplementary education. You may be required to complete an exam. The more qualifications you possess, the better your job will be and you’ll be on track to making even more money. The more money the better, right?
Training for Medical Assistants in Jackson MS
In order to compete in today’s workforce you will want to earn your certification. This requires a bit of training, but don’t be anxious, you can get the training you need in as little as 6 months. When looking for a training program make sure the school is accredited and has a high graduation rate. You should also look for a school that works with your schedule. If you work full time it will probably be best to enroll in a night school or one that meets on the weekends.
The next step is to take the American Association of Medical Assistants test (also called the AAMA exam). when you pass you’ll be certified! Now that you are a certified MA your empoyer will feel more comfortable giving you added responsibilities, and you might even get a raise!
Not only are CMAs a valuable part of the medical office, they also serve the community by helping people on a daily basis. Whether you work in an administrative or clinical capacity, you will never be bored. If you’re interested in this career, don’t hesitate to find a school near Jackson MS and start your education now!