Enter Your ZIP Code Below To Receive FREE Information From Top Healthcare Training Programs In Your Area.
Medical Assistant Courses in Jackson MS
If you are looking for information on how to become a Medical Assistant, then you have come to the right place. We have carefully reviewed and selected the top schools for Medical Assistant Training in Jackson MS. Our top choices are based upon best tuition and financial assistance, as well as the highest academic ratings. Feel free to click on any of the links on our site for more information on the programs. Medical assistants in Jackson MS do everything from managing the front office, to assisting physicians with clinical procedures. The amount of responsibility given to a medical assistant will alter according to their level of experience.
Recommended Healthcare Programs in Your Area
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Nursing and Health Sciences Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Health and Medical Assisting Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Medical Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Programs include BS in Healthcare Management programs and MBA in Healthcare Administration.
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance.
- Healthcare Administration programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
So, what are medical assistants (also known as, Certified Medical Assistants, or CMA’s, for short) typically required to do in Jackson MS? And can you get a job in this field even if you don’t have any prior experience? Let’s find out!
Job Description of a Medical Assistant
Typically, a CMA will work in a medical office, but some work in clinics or hospitals. They often find employment with a family practice physician or internist in Jackson MS.
A medical assistant helps the doctors and nurses with a variety of tasks. They can work in both a clinical and administrative capacity. Administrative duties possibly could include scheduling appointments, signing patients in and handling basic billing issues. Clinical job duties might entail preparing the exam room and working directly with patients.
Special Training for Medical Assistants
As a CMA you can work in any medical office in Jackson MS. However if you desire to take your skills to the next degree you may want to acquire some additional qualifications and take Medical Assistants Classes in Jackson MS. These special procedures could include drawing blood, taking minor x-rays and monitoring EKGs.
Typically, these procedures necessitate supplementary education. You may be required to complete an exam. The more qualifications you possess, the better your job will be and you’ll be on track to making even more money. The more money the better, right?
Training for Medical Assistants in Jackson MS
In order to compete in today’s workforce you will want to earn your certification. This requires a bit of training, but don’t be anxious, you can get the training you need in as little as 6 months. When looking for a training program make sure the school is accredited and has a high graduation rate. You should also look for a school that works with your schedule. If you work full time it will probably be best to enroll in a night school or one that meets on the weekends.
The next step is to take the American Association of Medical Assistants test (also called the AAMA exam). when you pass you’ll be certified! Now that you are a certified MA your empoyer will feel more comfortable giving you added responsibilities, and you might even get a raise!
Not only are CMAs a valuable part of the medical office, they also serve the community by helping people on a daily basis. Whether you work in an administrative or clinical capacity, you will never be bored. If you’re interested in this career, don’t hesitate to find a school near Jackson MS and start your education now!