Enter Your ZIP Code Below To Receive FREE Information From Top Healthcare Training Programs In Your Area.
Medical Assistant Courses in Jackson MS
If you are looking for information on how to become a Medical Assistant, then you have come to the right place. We have carefully reviewed and selected the top schools for Medical Assistant Training in Jackson MS. Our top choices are based upon best tuition and financial assistance, as well as the highest academic ratings. Feel free to click on any of the links on our site for more information on the programs. Medical assistants in Jackson MS do everything from managing the front office, to assisting physicians with clinical procedures. The amount of responsibility given to a medical assistant will alter according to their level of experience.
Recommended Healthcare Programs in Your Area
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Pursue your degree at Southern New Hampshire University and see yourself succeed.
- Dedicated team of advisors. Over 200 online programs. And one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- IMBA - Healthcare Management
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Informatics
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nursing Education - Master's
So, what are medical assistants (also known as, Certified Medical Assistants, or CMA’s, for short) typically required to do in Jackson MS? And can you get a job in this field even if you don’t have any prior experience? Let’s find out!
Job Description of a Medical Assistant
Typically, a CMA will work in a medical office, but some work in clinics or hospitals. They often find employment with a family practice physician or internist in Jackson MS.
A medical assistant helps the doctors and nurses with a variety of tasks. They can work in both a clinical and administrative capacity. Administrative duties possibly could include scheduling appointments, signing patients in and handling basic billing issues. Clinical job duties might entail preparing the exam room and working directly with patients.
Special Training for Medical Assistants
As a CMA you can work in any medical office in Jackson MS. However if you desire to take your skills to the next degree you may want to acquire some additional qualifications and take Medical Assistants Classes in Jackson MS. These special procedures could include drawing blood, taking minor x-rays and monitoring EKGs.
Typically, these procedures necessitate supplementary education. You may be required to complete an exam. The more qualifications you possess, the better your job will be and you’ll be on track to making even more money. The more money the better, right?
Training for Medical Assistants in Jackson MS
In order to compete in today’s workforce you will want to earn your certification. This requires a bit of training, but don’t be anxious, you can get the training you need in as little as 6 months. When looking for a training program make sure the school is accredited and has a high graduation rate. You should also look for a school that works with your schedule. If you work full time it will probably be best to enroll in a night school or one that meets on the weekends.
The next step is to take the American Association of Medical Assistants test (also called the AAMA exam). when you pass you’ll be certified! Now that you are a certified MA your empoyer will feel more comfortable giving you added responsibilities, and you might even get a raise!
Not only are CMAs a valuable part of the medical office, they also serve the community by helping people on a daily basis. Whether you work in an administrative or clinical capacity, you will never be bored. If you’re interested in this career, don’t hesitate to find a school near Jackson MS and start your education now!